Every birthday is special. However, the 50th birthday is something nobody can ever forget. Especially if it’s your sister’s birthday. Are you looking for 50th birthday gift ideas for sister who’s special to you? Then, you’re at the right place!
You grew up together. Your sister was the one who played with you, annoyed you, and supported you during tough times. And now you realize she’s entering a new stage, leaving behind half of her life – she’s turning 50!
Your sister has passed a half-century! This is one of the many reasons why it’s a perfect time to make an unforgettable 50th birthday gift for a sister. But sometimes, however strong is your bond with your sister, you have a hard time picking the right gift.
No, it’s not that you lack imagination or don’t know your sister well. You just want your sister’s 50th birthday to be memorable.
In this article, we’ve gathered unique ideas to help you wish your sister the happiest 50th birthday ever. Take a look at the list of 50th birthday gift ideas for sister and find out how to choose the right gift.
How to Choose a Special 50th Present for Your Sister?
How many times have you bought a present for your sister?
A lot, probably. Chances are high you’ve already gifted her cosmetics, jewelry, books, clothes, and a lot of other things. Some of these gifts worked perfectly well. There were ones about which she still makes fun of you. And others just didn’t surprise her.
Choosing an ideal present requires plenty of your time and effort. That’s why we created a small guide to help you pick a special 50th birthday present for sister:
- Consider her interests – What does she do in her free time? What are her hobbies? Is there anything she wants to learn more about? Can you buy something to support her interests? Answering these questions will help you sort out the 50th birthday gift ideas for sister.
- Remember things she dreams about – Do you recall the items she adored the last time you went shopping together? Often, we don’t pay enough attention to what others want. Giving her a gift she’s expecting doesn’t mean that you can’t be creative.
- Pay attention to previous gifts – How much did she like the gift you gave her on her 49th birthday? Remember her reactions to previous gifts. Don’t give her something she’s already received. Your 50th birthday present for sister needs to be unique.
- Determine your budget – Whether we like it or not, choosing a gift heavily depends on our budget. If you have enough time, you can easily build your gift-buying budget. But if you don’t, find out how much you can spend before moving on to the list of 50th birthday present ideas for sister.
Most Creative 50th Birthday Gift Ideas for Sister in 2021
Do you feel your sister needs to relax? Then choosing a gift from the self-care category would be the best option. Maybe she’s excited about the latest trends in fashion. Or does she prefer something related to her hobbies?
In any case, here is the list of the most heart-warming 50th birthday gift ideas for sisters. Let’s pick the right one and celebrate your sister’s milestone age with an unforgettable present!
Personalized Gift Ideas for Your Sister’s 50th Birthday
If you want to make your sister realize how much she means to you, think about getting her a memory box! A memory box is usually used to store jewelry, self-care products, pictures, perfume, etc,. It’s typically made of wood and leather and comes in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes.
Remember to make it personalized, though. Just put in a heartwarming card, leave her messages about your sisterly bond, or store your childhood pictures. Either she decides to use it as a keepsake box or keep it as a souvenir, a memory box will indeed make your sister smile.
- Convenient for traveling
- You can put other gifts inside
- Great choice of designs
- Not deep enough to keep various types of items
- It doesn’t have a lock with a key
Creating a personalized portrait of you and your sister is an amazing idea as a 50th birthday gift for sister. Why? Because your sister is probably expecting something practical, something that already exists. Choosing your mutual childhood picture and making it come to life is enough to bring an initial enthusiasm. But it will also lead to long-term satisfaction which is vital when choosing a gift.
As customers say, our custom watercolor paintings are a great way to create unforgettable memories. Most importantly, if a watercolor portrait isn’t something suitable for your sister’s interior, you can order a painting from a different medium, such as acrylic, oil, or color pencil. We bet it will surprise your sister, and your sister’s reaction will surprise you!
10% discount has been applied
20% Advance Payment only
Remaining balance to be paid after painting approval
- Possibility of selecting a shape and size
- You can see the process of creating your painting
- You can revise the painting after the first draft
- Need to order a few weeks before your sister’s birthday
- A bit expensive
When you’re a bit short of money, choosing gifts for your sister’s 50th birthday can be a bit complicated. But did you know that spending more doesn’t always guarantee well-received gifts? A sister mug could be an ideal choice as a birthday present when you’re looking for something personalized and sentimental at the same time.
This ceramic mug with a sister graphic has the potential to become part of your sister’s morning routine. Just choose the color and design according to your sister’s preferences. That way you’ll create a meaningful handmade gift she never forgets.
- A low-budget product
- Same-day shipping until 3 PM EST
- A diverse choice of designs
- Microwave safe
- Shipping isn’t free
- The risk of breaking down during the delivery
50th Birthday Gift Ideas for Sister: Self-care Gifts
A bath bomb is one of the best 50th birthday gifts for sister who needs to relax. Do you notice your sister works too much? Then getting her INTEYE 24 Organic & Natural Bath Bombs could be the best thing to help her chill.
This giant bath bomb gift set contains 24 different bath bombs of different colors and fragrances. All bath bombs are made of natural organic essential oils of lavender, grape, coconut, rose, orange, and lemon. Based on customer reviews, it’s a high-quality product. But most importantly, choosing a self-care product like a bath bomb is a sign that you care about your sister’s health and wellness.
- It’s a massive and original self-care product
- Provided by a reputable company
- Made with organic and natural ingredients
- She might not like specific smells
- Not for sisters who prefer a shower over a bath
If bath bombs aren’t satisfying enough, then get your sister a Swedish spa day package from Virgin Experiences. They offer a great variety of spa treatments and massages, including pedicures, facials, massages, and a lot more. The spa therapies are conducted by certified trainers. They will target your sister’s problem areas and use special massage oils.
As customers say, the Spa Day Package is one of the best 50th birthday gift ideas for a sister who’s not afraid of new experiences. We recommend giving her this voucher as a surprise addition, hidden in the memory box.
- Improves skin and increases circulation
- The voucher doesn’t have an expiration date
- Convenient customer service
- Adapted to Covid-19 regulations
- A slightly pricey present
- Your sister may leave California.
- May not be available on your sister’s birthday
Self-care boxes are one of the most popular 50th birthday present ideas for sister who wants to look comfortable in her own skin! Every woman wants to look pretty, regardless of age. Your sister is no exception.
While there are many options for self-care boxes, we recommend Original Jade Roller & Gua Sha Facial Tools from MoValues. Why? Because the beauty roller is a real trend in today’s beauty industry! This 3 in 1 skincare product contains four different types of rose crystal products. Everything is made of natural quartz ions. We promise that it will become an integral part of your sister’s daily skincare routine!
- Already boxed up as a gift
- Easy to use
- Lasts longer than standard rollers
- Includes many self-care products in one box
- Not for sisters who hate facial routines
- Some customers broke it after a few uses
Jewelry & Fashion Gift Ideas for Your Sister’s 50th Birthday
A leather handbag is an accessory every woman needs to have. They are beautiful, convenient, and never go out of fashion. Even if your sister already has a leather bag, it’s still an ideal present for her 50h birthday because one more leather bag for a woman is never a bad idea.
This elegant leather handbag is a stylish, versatile product, ideal as 50th birthday gifts for sister who enjoys minimalistic bags. It’s great either for everyday use or for special occasions. Most importantly, it’s 100% handcrafted which will make your sister feel special!
- Lasts for very long and gets better with age
- 100% handmade product made from natural vegetable products
- Stylish and convenient
- A high-budget present
- Minimalistic design isn’t right for everyone
When it comes to choosing a gift for women, jewelry naturally comes to our minds. Still, Kendra Scott’s Elisa Pendant Necklace tends to be among the most impressive 50th birthday present ideas for sister who loves fashion and jewelry. Why? Because it’s a perfect way of expressing yourself through fashion.
This necklace is a part of Kendra Scott’s “Family, Fashion and Philanthropy” campaign. Her basic inspiration is that “family always comes first”. So, if you think a single necklace won’t arouse warm emotions in your sister, you may be wrong. Picking up this necklace is a sign that you put your sister in the first place.
- Pre-packaged in a branded gift box
- Made with natural materials
- Based on the idea of family empowerment
- She may receive other necklaces too as a present
- She may be fed up with receiving jewelry
If you want to express that your sister deserves luxury at the age of 50, a robe designed by Alexandra Farmer could be a great idea. This Lively Sherpa-Lined Robe is made of high-quality materials such as silk, cashmere, wool, cotton, and linen.
The special thing about Alexandra Farmer’s robes is the vivid illustrations of her unique floral prints. The colorful design will definitely make your sister feel chic and cozy at the same time.
- An exclusive product, limited in quantity
- Can be worn after a shower or on a daily basis
- Can be worn after a shower or on a daily basis
- Only XS/S/M/L sizes are available.
- Includes additional shipping fee
Luxury Gifts for Your Sister’s 50th Birthday
How often does your sister steal your Bluetooth speakers? It’s one of the things you’ll only understand if you have a sister. Perhaps it’s one of the reasons why wireless Bluetooth speakers often get among the popular 50th birthday gift ideas for sister who likes using your stuff.
You can hardly find something more trendy than Marshall Stockwell II Portable Bluetooth Speaker in 2021. However, this product does deserve to be very popular. Why? Not every wireless Bluetooth speaker can play music for more than 20 hours! Don’t forget to introduce this present by playing your sister’s favorite music to express that she means a lot!
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Convenient to carry with you
- Doesn’t include an inbuilt microphone
- Needs 5 hours for a full charge
Does your sister enjoy daily workouts? Is she keen on fitness? Then it’s time to take part in improving her workout experience! Fitbit Versa 2 is indeed one of the best luxury gift ideas for your sister’s 50th birthday. This modern smartwatch will allow her to track every single step, whether she’s actively running or taking a break.
Although it’s a bit expensive, imagine your sister’s face while finding out that she can control her heart rate and listen to her favorite music on Spotify. She can also get calls or texts, and track burned calories at the same time. Sounds cool, right?
- Ideal for tracking workout sessions
- Beautiful and convenient
- Tracks sleep phases
- Requires premium Spotify subscription
- Some features work only on Android
You don’t always get the chance to organize a small vacation with your sister. However thanks to Tinggly’s getaway gifts for sister 50th birthday, you can make her dream come true right in the middle of celebrating her special milestone!
Tinggly offers eVouchers for hundreds of locations, from Hawaii to Las Vegas or Florida. You can either pick a Relaxing Break in Arizona to help her chill or get her a Fun Chicago Stay to have an adventurous experience together. In any case, this 50th birthday sisterhood journey will be unforgettable!
- No expiry date
- Safe and secure checkout
- Global availability
- Difficult to organize
- You must consider whether conditions
50th Birthday Gift Ideas for Sister: Kitchen Gifts
Whether your sister is a good cook or not, gifting her a Real Boss kitchen apron set is a sign that you appreciate her cooking efforts! Sometimes you don’t need to spend much money in order to get a perfect gift. A kitchen apron is a practical, yet unique present for a sister who enjoys spending time in the kitchen.
This premium-quality apron will make her feel like a real boss and help her enjoy her time in the kitchen even more. Thanks to adjustable neck and waist sizes, you don’t have to worry about the right size because it’ll fit everyone.
- Funny and creative design
- Very durable and comfortable
- Trusted seller with a guarantee of a refund
- A poor gift for experienced cooks
- She may not like the idea of print
Is your sister obsessed with coffee? Then think about getting her a set of insulated coffee mugs. Double-wall insulated glass became especially popular in recent years. One of the reasons why customers enjoy glass coffee mugs is that the optical illusion brings coffee color to life. And it makes the ordinary daily event of drinking coffee very exciting!
Did you know that drinking coffee may help improve mood? Tell yourself about the benefits of coffee in the process of giving her this 50th birthday gift. That way, she’ll realize how much you care about her well-being. And she will remember you with every sip of her morning coffee!
And if you feel it’s not enough, get your sister this set of glass mugs with her favorite brand of high-quality coffee!
- 5 different sizes are available
- The glass is never too hot or too cold to hold
- Popular among coffee-lovers
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Often breaks down during the delivery
- Can easily stain
The recipe box is another great item on the list of 50th birthday gift ideas for sister who loves cooking. If you think that your sister easily generates creative ideas in the kitchen but has trouble remembering recipes, get her this convenient recipe box from Polite Society.
The recipe box comes in four different designs with flower prints. It includes 24 cards and 12 dividers to help your sister keep and organize her recipes. This gift will be a clear sign of gratitude and appreciation for all the delicious dishes she has ever made for you!
- 4 different color options
- Cheap and creative at the same time
- Multi-use – both for recipes and treasured items
- Rather old-fashioned
- Not very practical
Sentimental Gifts for Your Sister’s 50th Birthday
A creative book is a perfect 50th birthday present for sister who loves reading. If you aren’t sure what type of books your sister prefers, Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half could be a great choice.
The Vanishing Half is a stunning novel about twin sisters who live in two different worlds – black and white worlds. It’s a #1 New York Times Bestseller in 2020, available either as a hardcover, paperback, or compact disc. The story of sisters will remind her of your mutual adventures. And did you know it was Barack Obama’s favorite book of the year?
- A lot of positive reviews
- You can get the e-book or an audiobook
- Sister-centered plot
- It may be trivial as a 50th birthday gift
- She may find the story a bit dramatic
50 is the age when family matters the most. At least, it’s most likely. As a result, a customized family portrait in oil will definitely surprise your sister. A family portrait is one of the best ways to increase positive emotions and revive old memories in your sister. We give you a chance to turn your precious photographs into professional paintings.
Therefore, ordering an oil painting of your sister’s family will make her understand how much effort you spent for her 50th birthday. Keep in mind that Photo2Painting also offers acrylic, watercolor, charcoal, and pencil paintings. So, if you think an oil painting isn’t something for your sister’s interior, you can pick different paintings.
10% discount has been applied
20% Advance Payment only
Remaining balance to be paid after painting approval
- You can use old and low-quality photos too
- You can do modifications free of charge
- Free shipping
- You need to order a few weeks before the birthday
- You can’t directly communicate with the artist
Keep in mind that thoughtfulness is more appreciated by gift recipients than the value of the gift. Therefore, if something is worth only a couple of dollars, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not a great choice for a 50th birthday gift for sister. Sentiments are vital in the process of gift-giving! So, chances are high your sister will appreciate if you get her this personalized Vanilla Scented Container Candle.
Designed with a warm quote about your sister, this personalized candle comes with a black lid. As customers say, the scent of vanilla takes them back to childhood times and makes them feel nostalgic. That’s why it could be a perfect choice for your sister’s 50th birthday.
- Works both as a souvenir and as a relaxation method
- Very cheap
- You can create it yourself
- Your sister may be allergic to candles
- Doesn’t last for long
50th Bithday Gift Ideas for Sister: Verdict
So, how did the process of choosing a gift go? Now you probably realize that a quick brainstorming about your sisters’ wishes may not be enough. Why? Because she already had 49 birthdays before.
Now you need something special.
Remember that it doesn’t matter whether it’s a personalized gift such as a family portrait, a luxury one like a fitness watch, or something related to her hobbies. What matters is to make her realize how much you thought about her.
So, if you’ve already revealed your top picks from the list of the list of 50th birthday gift ideas for sister, let us know your thoughts and share your ideas in the comments!